Monday 27 October 2008

Post birthday dark night induced melancholy

I have just returned from spending four glorious nights at my parents home in Teesside. Ali came too which made it extra lovely. Yesterday was my birthday - nice presents, lunch out and an amazing homemade birthday cake, complete with sparklers.

Going home is always nice, but it leaves me feeling a little disjointed and unsettled upon my return to Edinburgh. It doesn't help that it's dark by 5pm either.

More and more often these days I get a sense of frustration with being in this particular place in my life. Being at home only serves to make this more acute. On the one hand I love my life and it's true that I'm happier than ever, but then sometimes it's irritating to be stuck in limbo between childhood and a "proper" adult life. I think I'm too impatient to be 20 something. That is completely ridiculous I know.

Uni is becoming almost too much to handle and I'm definitely feeling the stress. This week has to be productive because Ali arrives on Saturday for five nights and I want to feel more in control of my work by then.

1 comment:

Soulful Jenn said...

HEY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!