Tuesday 7 October 2008

A fairly productive day

Today I managed to be out of the flat from 10am til 5pm which always makes me feel like I've had a more productive day, whether it's true or not. Today most of my time was spent in the library working on my dissertation so it really was productive. I ventured up to the new 5th floor which has been refurbished. It was beautiful, they had these cool comfy seats that were like proper armchairs but with on thick desk-like arm to work on. They were in front of the huge window over looking Arthut's Seat and Marchmont - an amazing view to work in front of.

I'm really getting into my dissertation and am seriously toying with the idea of staying on to do either a PhD, MPhil or an MSc in Research. They take 3, 2 and 1 year(s) respectively. Of course it's down to actually getting in and then getting funding but I'm going to look into all that.

I'm missing Ali very very much but only two more sleeps until I'm down there. There's a train workers' strike on Thursday though which is bound to effect me. I'll be really peeved if it eats into my Manchester time too much.

Tonight I'm going to snuggle into bed with George Eliot and hopefully have a repeat of today tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love days that are productive. I need to have one tomorrow...crazy busy at work. I'm very interested in your dissertation topic. Very interesting indeed. Hope it comes along quite well for you. So...it's awesome that you're a Dexter fan as well! I cannot believe last week's episode!! Crazy madness! haha ok well take care and hope your time in Manchester goes/went well!