Monday 6 October 2008

Manchester, Weddings, Dissertation, Wall...same old same old

It seems my blog topics vary very little these days but that's because my life is filled with only three things: Manchester, my dissertation and my wall.

I spent nearly £80 on train tickets the other night when I got back from Manchester for the next few weekends in October. This week I'm going back on Thursday until Saturday. The following week we're going to Ali's brother's wedding in York, and the following week we're going to my parents' to celebrate my birthday. It's all very expensive but a lot to look forward to and break up each week. My life certainly ain't dull!

I've just had a meeting with my dissertation advisor. He's the guy who supervised Ian Rankin's PhD which my Mum will love to hear, she's a Rankin uber fan. Anyway, the guy loved my topic and was keen for me to keep him regularly updated. He helped me sort out some style issues and so I've come home to plough on with it whilst I've still got some of what he said fresh in my mind.

The plasterer is coming to plaster the wall at 12.30pm. Hopefully it'll be quick and can get on with drying so that the decorators can come on Thursday. I'll be in Manchester of course so will return at the weekend to find the whole saga at a freshly painted, clean-smelling end!

On with more food in literature stuff....

No comments: