Tuesday 30 September 2008

Calm Restored




After my mini meltdown I finally calmed down when I saw the efforts the builder was going to to be clean and tidy and make the room sleep-inable! I moved a few home-comforts back in to make it feel more welcoming.

He vacuumed and replaced clean sheets of polythene to keep the room dust-free. At least I don't have to look at the exposed brick whilst the de-humidifier does its job. I just have to smell it!

If you look just at that wall you can almost imagine you're in a Dexter Morgan crime scene.


The impact that this whole thing is having on my work is growing. I really need to sit in bed and do some reading but I have to leave the machine on and it's whirring and noisy, and the dry air bothers my throat. I am annoyed that I lost a days work in waiting for builders and equipment.

An early night is in order so that I can get up and make tomorrow as productive as possible.

1 comment:

Soulful Jenn said...

Things are looking up though! So cheer up!! And tomorrow you're going to be twice as productive as today ;-)