Tuesday 30 September 2008

The mouldy wall saga enters its final stages!


I had to empty the room of all my possessions and now they're sitting in the hallway, a jumbled representation of my life. My little room looks very sad without its books, paintings, photographs and cushions.

The builder is in there now laying polythene. He arrived just after 8am. I have de-camped to the kitchen table to work on my dissertation.

At 1.15pm there's a newspaper meeting which I have to attend, although it's so miserable outside I'm very tempted to hide away all day with coffee and my reading. No, can't do that. I have to go to persuade a few Freshers to form a copy editing team. Plus my miserable ex would delight in not having me there.

The builder has shut the door! The whole point of staying at home to work was to keep an eye on him. I can hear him taping plastic to things. He's probably taped me out of my own room!

Oh well, on with some work I suppose. I shall blog an update on the wall when the plaster has been removed. Fingers and toes crossed it's not too wet underneath. This whole ordeal cannot continue much longer, I need some peace!

No comments: