Tuesday 30 September 2008

Unexpected Wall Anguish!


The wall at 8am this morning, note the size of the damaged area

So the builder was banging for about two hours which I thought was odd. When he finally emerged I got to see why...


Wall at 10am this morning, removed past the radiator and through at least a foot of dry area

They've taken off the entire wall, almost 2 metres in height. This was not discussed with me and I'm furious.

The works organiser never even came to look at the wall and has just sent a labourer to remove the wall, and the labourer has just gone all trigger happy with his hammer.

80% of the wall which has been stripped back is bone dry and did not need to come off.

I have to sleep in there tonight.

They better get it plastered and re-decorated sharpish! I've already raised a little hell with the poor woman who answered the phone at the building company. Admittedly this was wrong of me, but at least she'll be able to convey my anger accurately to Ronnie the works organiser! When he calls me back he'll face my wrath.

The man who shall henceforth be known as 'the destroyer of my not all that damaged wall' has gone down to his van for a cup of tea. He said a plumber is due to arrive sometime today to remove the radiator. This entire project has, in the space of a few hours, become a much bigger job than was ever discussed with me and the letting agent.

I wish people communicated properly. I wish I'd made them come round and discuss it with me, but then what leverage do I have? I'm just the tenant!

1 comment:

Soulful Jenn said...

Un.Freakin'.Believable.

*sending blessings your way*